Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sanctuary

Thoughts are relentless.  The struggle between good and evil never-ending.  Every situation is assaulted by a barrage of possibilities, a myriad of solutions.  But which are right...which are wrong?  What are the consequences and potential benefits of each?  It amazes me each time I wake up and find that my mind continues the endless crusade to offer up any and all possible answers to the incalculable quandaries laid before me every day.  I grow tired of this war; I yearn for a refuge where, uninterrupted, I can retreat from my thoughts and remain unburdened for a spell.  But there is a place, I’ve been there before; it seems like forever ago, but I’ve stood in that room…I’ve felt the fabric of the furniture with my fingertips.  Dormant from my life for so long, a familiar voice calls to me and it calls me by name.  It’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time, it’s a name that only the disembodied voice and I would know.  I’m closer now, closer than I ever was before, but it’s still out of reach.  My outstretched arm can’t quite get me within range of this haven…my destination.  It’s close, very close and I get closer to seizing it with every new day.  I will attain it, I won’t stop until I do…I’ve come too far.  I will walk into the room, I will feel the fabric on my fingertips, I will close my eyes and there will be peace…serenity.  I will have arrived at my objective and there waiting for me, untold treasures that I have denied myself for so long…so very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment