Monday, April 9, 2012

I wouldn't go all in with that hand

At some point in our lives each and every one of us take a long look at ourselves and ask, "what do I bring to the table?"  For the majority of us this is a truly humbling experience as we are forced to face our imperfections head on.  For the rest of you, not finding an imperfection is your imperfection...just a friendly FYI.  Moving on. I often dissect myself (not literally, of course, as I have no confidence in my ability to put things back the way I found them) and take a closer look at things from several different angles.  Every time I do I am overwhelmed with the sheer amount of improvements I need to undertake in order to be up to code.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if there were recalls for people, I'd be on my way back to the factory.  That being said, I'm glad that I see those imperfections and know that they're there.  Luckily for us we all have redeeming qualities that assist in helping our imperfections be overlooked by those who love and support us.  This does not, however, give us the "green light" to stop all efforts of bettering ourselves and settle for the "that's just the way I am" excuse.  Yes, that is just the way you are NOW, but is that really the way you want to be THEN.  No one's perfect...we're all far from it.  The quicker we realize this the brighter our futures become.  So, yes...I would go all in with my hand; because even a high card can take the pot sometimes and there's still time to work on my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment